Strategic project. Media(c)tion Between Cultures (MediCulture) is a strategic partnership (KA2) funded by the Erasmus+ program in the field of adult education. The main objective is the development of new skills in people working in adult education to improve it and spread intercultural education both inside and outside the classroom, especially in the context of organizations and educational centers that have high rates of immigrants.
Training Course in Cascais (Portugal), May 2019.
Mediculture (2019 - 2021) is an adult education project with the objective of providing educators with essential tools for the improvement of intercultural skills, in particular, social skills, the ability to relate and empathize with each other, translation of cultural codes and the ability to overcome prejudices and stereotypes to evolve the idiosyncrasies of educational centers or organizations that are part of this project.
The needs that have motivated the creation of this project are essentially formative, related to the idea that not all educators are prepared for the challenge of an intercultural classroom in which they must work every day. Despite the cultural diversity in Europe, and especially in the local contexts in which MediCulture is focused, educators are not always prepared for full inclusion.
The project is carried out transnationally (Italy, Spain and Portugal) to be able to compare and exchange intervention methods, share training courses and experience cooperation between educational institutions and NGOs operating in the same field.
- Kick off meeting in Palermo, Italy
- LLTTA (Learning Teaching and Training Activity) in Cascais, Portugal. Theme: Intercultural learning.
- TPM (Transnational Project Management Meeting) in Santa Coloma, Spain.
- LLTTA (Learning Teaching and Training Activity) in Palermo, Italy. Theme: Diversity
- LLTTA (Learning Teaching and Training Activity) in Santa Coloma, Spain. Theme: Global citizenship and the Role of Education
- LLTTA (Learning Teaching and Training Activity) in Palermo, Italy. Subject: Conclusion and Share Project results.
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.