Youth at the Frontlines of Change
ERASMUS+ KA3 PARTNERSHIP - Youth at the Frontlines of Change: A Roadmap towards a collective “South-North-East-West” European Momentum is a project co-financed by the Erasmus+ Program, within the action “Support for Policy Reform”, European Youth Together. The coordinator is the Association for volunteerism Volonterski Centar Skopje and there are four other partners, including Asociación Mundus.
Ana Cáceres, coordinator of the project at Mundus, and the five selected participants.
Aim of the project
This project will provide a platform for youth-led local initiatives that will influence policy makers on local and national levels. We aim to lay the foundations for empowering the future generations of leaders to thrive while inspiring positive change in their communities and beyond.
European Youth at the Frontlines of Active Citizenship: A Roadmap towards a collective “South-North-East-West” Momentum is a Project that provides a platform to empower young people from areas with less opportunities to explore innovative ways for active civil participation in the democratic processes in our European societies.
A selected network of youth multipliers will be trained, offered mentorship programmes and financial support for grassroots youth-led outreach initiatives, all while realizing that by embodying European values, we can directly support our societies’ aspirations to achieve social and economic prosperity. This project will encourage and train the young multipliers to think critically and systematically using the Roadmap for civil activism provided through the activities of this project. They will be challenged to identify ways to influence policies and participate in the democratic processes of our countries, by selecting a specific cause that falls within one of these 5 Core Areas:
- Education and lifelong learning;
- Social and Community Issues;
- Environment and Sustainability;
- Culture and Heritage;
- Health and Wellbeing.
The task of the young multipliers will be to engage their communities at their own initiative with specific activities around their selected cause, with the goal of creating a ripple effect across local communities located at the North- South and West- East axes of Europe that will impact our societies as a force for good.
The project will conclude with a booklet which will include key project findings, perspectives of young people summarized in a EU Resolution Format Style, and a series of tools accompanying a Road Map for youth participation. The booklet will be distributed to policy makers, relevant stakeholders and the general public.
Get to know the selected projects in Asociación Mundus
Direct participation in European civic life in areas with fewer opportunities for young people.
Support young people’s participation in the democratic processes of the society.
This project was born for two reasons:
- The first one is an alarming trend amongst young people in our countries to direct their anger and frustrations about current social and economic issues towards the already marginalized citizens, such as immigrants, minorities, refugees, LGBTQ citizens, etc. We want to address this and remind young people that those who are responsible and can make a change are each & every one of us, as well as the ones with power at the top, who we elect.
- The second reason is mentioned in the EU Youth Strategy (goals 3 & 6). Namely, there is a lack of opportunities and programmes offered to young people from smaller cities, and this make them an under-represented group when it comes to platforms that give them paths to grow. This Project offers customized support measures designed to inspire & empower these young people to explore innovative ways for active participation in the democratic processes in our European societies.
Methodology and activities
- Multiplying in areas with less opportunities (smaller cities and villages);
- Non- Formal Training Course on democratic participation: tools, methods, EU values and docs, skills development and funding opportunities;
- Customized and Personalized Mentorship Programs for each young multiplier;
- National caravans in 5 small cities/ villages for gaining experience with peer-to-peer activations;
- Financial support by way of micro-financing for activities on grass-root levels (experience in project management);
- Platforms to make leaders aware of issues young people are passionate about (EU Info Centers, or meetings with local, national or European elected representatives currently in power);
- Problem- solving and conflict resolution skills gained through “learning-by-doing” management;
- Training and networking events for meeting and interacting with young people from different parts of Europe
- Planning of future European networks in the 5 core areas of the project
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.