Location: Province of Barcelona (Mataró, Sabadell), Province of Girona (Blanes) and Province of Tarragona (Reus)
Dates: September 2019 – June 2020 (from the 1st Sept. starting as soon as possible)
Coordinating organization: Asociación Mundus
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible. URGENT!
Profile of candidates:
-Young volunteers (18-30 years old) resident in a Program or Partner Country.
-Able to communicate in Spanish (English is an extra)
-Motivated, sociable, proactive, open-minded, tolerant, creative, self-reliant person.
-Someone who has no problems with sharing a flat/room with other people.
-Someone who does not want to come to Barcelona or Catalonia for holidays
Description of the project and coordinator
Mundus Association is an organization that manages mobility opportunities for young people and promotes volunteering, values-based education, intercultural learning and non-formal education in the local community. Our main office is located in the youth centre of Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a town next to Barcelona (20 minutes from city centre by Metro) but we cooperate with different organizations in different locations.
This volunteering project is a long term ESC designed to enable European Volunteers to develop their personal and professional skills through helping in different local projects and activities.
Hosting organisation: Fundació Eveho - Sabadell, Blanes, Mataró, Reus (1 Volunteer)
The volunteer will live and carry their activities in one of the different centers that EVEHO has in Catalonia.
- Participation and creation of new workshops for the development of resources for teenagers and young people.
- Participation and organization of cultural activities and "colonies" for the users of the center.
- Management and coordination of the garden that takes place in the centers with the different adolescents and young people.
- Realization of audiovisual material of the activities and events that take place within the entity.
- Coordination and realization of creative activities with the educator of the center for the users of the same.
- Participate in the accompaniment of adolescents and young people in the center. Creation of routines, monitoring of users, school reinforcement, visits to the library and eating habits.
- Creation of innovative activities (through music, theater and different arts) to perform with adolescents and young people.
- Help in the direction of sports and outdoor activities with the users of the center.
- Collaboration in the T-Jove program, to design work insertion itineraries for young people.
- Collaboration in the workshops and courses organized by the association of “ex-tutelados” (UJEC)
Accomodation: 2 volunteers in Mataró, 2 in Blanes, 1 in Reus, 2 in Sabadell. The accommodation will be flats shared with other volunteers inside the different centers: CRAE (Residential Center of Educative Action) or youth residence. Possibility of shared rooms.
This project is founded by the European Commission through the European Solidarity Corps programme. The project covers:
-Travel costs (up to the limits established in Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator).
-Monthly food + pocket money: 280€ approx.
-Insurance (included in ESC).
-Possibility of joining language course of Spanish/Catalan (classroom or online).
-Local transport, when it is needed for the volunteering activity.
How to apply
If after reading this you think this is your project please fill the form (CV has to be attached in the form).
When will you know the results of the selection process?
We will interview via Skype as soon as possible all candidates that comply with the criteria established. We will only consider candidates that send all the completed form (including the CV). The selected volunteer will start as soon as possible in the date agreed between the volunteer and the coordinating organisation.
If you have any doubt, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CES | ESC | Call for volunteers | Barcelona | Volunteer in Mundus |