“Online Training Courses for E+ Youth Workers” started from the a small research we made, we had some internal and external meetings and we discovered that some NGO-s have a specific challenge, no proper tools available to train youth workers in youth programs, when they need and in a flexible way, not only when some courses appear.
For example, mentor is generally not a full time job and it's hard to find proper trained people, especially in small communities. Then there is a big human resources fluctuation in this positions. This is a field where employees do not stay so long and people are changing a lot because projects are not something with continuity - there are breaks between projects and this is much more valid for youth exchanges. Somebody who is sent now as a leader will not be available again next month/year. To conclude, that is clear, there is a need for a flexible training system to prepare youth workers in narrow fields of Erasmus+: Volunteering (mentors, facilitators), coordinators and leaders in youth exchanges.
Through open and innovative practices in digital area such as of gamification of learning or Open Educational Resources we aim to achieve relevant and high quality skills and competences. Our proposed activities will promote quality youth work through 10 innovative approaches, among them being ETS model of competences, creation of intercultural-virtual-community out of 4 non-formal networks of learning and innovative inter-connection between world of youth work and employment etc.
The features of the project include following characteristics: framework of MOOC, usage of OER, adapted KOLB learning cycle to e-learning rules and products of the project such as e-books and e-games for open use.
The project will consist of 5 partners from 4 countries and will result in development of 4 innovative online course for 4 positions in youth work.
The objectives of the “Online Training Courses for E+ Youth Workers” project, for two years are the followings:
● To develop online course for the project managers in E+ projects;
● To develop online course for the mentors in EVS;
● To develop online course for the facilitators in EVS;
● To develop online course for the leaders in youth exchanges;
● To create 4 non-formal networks - communities of practices;
The participants to these training course will have two entry levels: basic and advanced. At advanced level participants will form innovative intercultural-virtual-community of youth workers with profiles mentioned above.
These are some of the elements proposed in the project:
● Online pages - reading the online pages which we will post on every course;
● E-book - downloading a file if she/he wants to print;
● E-game - playing a small game;
● Movie - seeing a movie;
● Task - doing a task/concrete activity;
● Sharing - share the achievements with other participants, learn from others;
● Bibliography - make supplementary research on the proposed sources;
● Peer evaluation - evaluate the work done by other participants;
● Mind map - an image with the key elements of the course, possible to be printed in good quality format;
Partners of the project:
- PREDICT CSD CONSULTING – ROMANIA;
- ASOCIACION MUNDUS – SPAIN;
- V2020 – UNITED KINGDOM;
- CESIE – ITALY;
- MILLENIUM CENTER – ROMANIA.
Stay around! The first course is expected to be released in the Beta version until February 2019 on thecourses.eu!
This material has been created with the financial support of the European Commission. The contents of this material represents the exclusive responsibility of its authors and the National Agency or the European Commission are not responsible for the way that the contents of this information will be used.
ka2 | proyecto | online | training | proyecto |