CONTEST. Asociación Mundus is looking for travel artists who would like to tell their own stories as through the art of drawing by telling their adventures while in a mobility project . We are launching the first edition of the contest “Illustrate your Mundus” with the objective to find a drawing piece to print in our tote bags and recycled notebooks, which will travel around the world. The main topic of the contest is: “Everything I have learnt before, during or after a mobility project”.
1. ORGANISER AND GOAL OF THE CONTEST
Asociación Mundus - un mundo a tus pies launches the contest “Illustrate your Mundus” with the goal of promoting the participation and the self-reflection of the past or future participants that have taken or will take part in a mobility project abroad.
The aim of the contest is to find an illustration to print onto the new tote bags and notebooks of Mundus. The illustration should be inspired by the following concept:
“WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER PARTICIPATING TO AN EXCHANGE PROJECT”
The awarded pieces will be imprinted on the new edition of the Mundus tote bags and notebooks, together with the logo and the image of the European Commission.
2. THE PARTICIPANTS
Any person or group of people can participate in the contest excluding Mundus employees and any other person directly linked to them.
The submitted proposals should be original and created with the aim and the acceptance that it will be reproduced by Asociación Mundus without any commercial aim.
The illustration must follow these conditions:
• Proportion 1X1
• The drawing must be sent in PNG format with a 300ppi resolution
• The printing will be monochromatic so the illustration should be in one colour. Asociacion Mundus will reserve the rights of changing the colour due to design reasons (eg: the background colour of the bags and the notebooks). The artist will take part in this decision together with the Communication Department of Mundus.
• The proposals must be sent to the following e-mail address email@example.com , specifying the author’s name and the surname , their artistic name (in case they have one), the phone number, their e-mail address and how are they related to Mundus and its projects.
• The Subject of the mail must contain: “Illustrate your Mundus”
• The participants must save an editable version with the maximum quality (PSD, TIFF, AI) of the illustration in case they are awarded, so the creation can be properly edited together with the logos.
• Deadline for sending the illustration proposals: 25th May 2019
• Announcement of the awarded piece: 30th May 2019
• Merchandising printing: between June and July 2019
• Award giveaway: end of June
The winner can choose between a 100€ voucher for Decathlon or a 100€ voucher to purchase flights, in addition to an Asociación Mundus merchandising pack.
The winning proposal will be chosen in collaboration of all the Mundus team and the European volunteers currently present in Santa Coloma and Zaragoza.
The rating criteria will be:
• Dissemination of the values of equality, inclusiveness, interculturality expressed in the idea mobility as a learning tool
• Representation of Mundus’ mission
• Capacity of the drawing to be adapted to the printing characteristics
7. AGREEMENT OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE TRANSFERENCE OF THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ILLUSTRATION
The participation to the contest implies the following conditions.
• By submitting the illustration, the author allows Asociacion Mundus, not in exclusivity, to reproduce, share and communicate publicly the pieces that make it to the final by the following conditions:
I. Proposals that discriminate any kind of group of people will not be taken in consideration
II. The awarded proposals can be used anytime by Mundus for merchandising purposes
III. The merchandising use has is promotional, distributional and of awareness of Mundus mission and its activities, excluding any activity with a profit goal
IV. By participating in the contest the copyright is automatically authorized, exonerating Asociacion Mundus of any responsibility at regard
V. Asociacion Mundus takes the right of not awarding any proposal in case there is not any submission that respects all for criteria.